SWPACC Elections – 2023
View a recording of the annual meeting here, along with short videos from the candidates!
Need a quick reminder of the candidates rather than checking out the video? Check out the slide show here.
October 9 – NEW Deadline to Submit a Nomination
November 2 – Annual Meeting & Elections (virtual)
Candidates are highly encouraged to attend this virtual meeting to briefly share their reasons for wishing to serve on the Board and promote the mission of SWPACC. Candidates who cannot attend the election have the option to pre-record a video/audio statement.
November 2 – 9 – Voting is open to all joint members of SWPACC and Access Fund
December 11 – SWPACC Board Meeting
During this meeting the new Board will select Officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. An officer position is held for one year.
Candidates for the Board must be current joint members of Access Fund and SWPACC. All current joint members of Access Fund and SWPACC are eligible to vote in the election process. If you are unsure of your membership status, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board terms last for two years. Board member responsibilities include:
- Attending (in-person or virtually) 75% of board meetings each year. Currently, the board has been meeting every other month/six times a year (approximately 2-hour meetings).
- Participating in decision-making/discussion.
- Staying informed regarding the organization’s work and finances.
- Supporting the mission of SWPACC, which is….”to promote the responsible development of climbing and bouldering in southwestern Pennsylvania, to disseminate information about development and conservation of the resource, and to gain and preserve access.”
View the full board member agreement here.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Just as gym managers maintain indoor climbing facilities, SWPACC works to maintain our outdoor climbing areas. This includes:
- Working behind the scenes, talking with land managers to regain and protect access to the places we love
- Hosting stewardship days that involve activities like installing stone steps on steep hillsides, repairing trails, and removing litter & graffiti
- Helping to break barriers for individuals who have historically been left out or who do not have the means to experience rock climbing
We are a passionate group of individuals who are committed to SWPACC’s mission to promote the responsible development of climbing and bouldering in southwestern Pennsylvania, to disseminate information about development and conservation of the resource, and to gain and preserve access. Please join us!
Email us at email@example.com.
If you’re not ready to join the board yet, but still would like to contribute, join one of SWPACC’s four committees! Email us your interest and we will get you connected.
Governance – Responsible for establishing the policies and procedural functions of the organization.
Communications – Disseminates publicly the mission and identity of SWPACC and provides information to, dialogues with, and generates engagement from community members at large.
Access+Stewardship – Facilitates stewardship of, access to, and communication of information regarding outdoor climbing spaces.
Community – Responsible for organizing and sponsoring community initiatives and events, and fostering a positive social environment in which all climbers can take part, contribute, and benefit as active members.